Sunday, April 25, 2010

Down and Dirty



I spent the day out at my friend Sidley's house, working on our vegetable garden. Sidley had tilled the plot twice, but the grass clumps were so very stubborn and had to be removed before we could start sowing seeds. It was a great day for it and Jeff came along to help out. I played with worms and was completely filthy by the time the sun went down. Sid had a lovely chicken and vegetable soup waiting for her hungry farmhands. I ate two huge bowls and promptly fell into a food coma.

At the end of the day, roughly 1/3 of the patch had been planted. We've got beans, peas, carrots, parsnips, beets, turnips, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peppers, leeks, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, watermelon, rhubarb, summer squash, okra and zucchini.

I can't wait until stuff starts sprouting and there's a bounty to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment