Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pink Spiders

It's been a bit since my last entry and I've got a lot of catching up to do!

This is one of the projects that I've had stewing in the back of my mind for some time and it's finally come to fruition. I've had this fabric in my stash for aaaages, but never knew what I wanted to do with it. I think it works nicely in this little ruffly-tiered dress that I've concocted, even if the large print of the spiders gets a bit hidden.

I didn't have enough of the spider fabric to make all of the tiers the same, which bummed me out a bit. The pink band still looks a bit odd to my eyes, but I'm considering adding some black bias stripes to it to help break it up a wee bit.

I'm pleased with the fit, even if strapless dresses aren't great for the top-heavy.